Logo          LogoBeavers        Logo Cubs        LogoScouts
Welcome to the
Gift Aid

What is Gift Aid?

The quick answer is that it is a way of getting the government to give us some money. Of course, like everything else with the government, there are conditions that have to be met.

The first condition is that the Scout Group has to be registered wiyth the Charity Commission. It is: -

The registered name is - The Scout Association

The registered number is - 306101

The second condition is that the Scout Group can only claim against a child's subscriptions or other donations (all called donations for the purpose of Gift Aid) if their parents or guardians have sent a form (Declaration) to the Scout Group confirming that they wish the Group to make that claim.

The third condition is that the parent or guardian has to be a taxpayer and have paid Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax at least equal to the tax that the Scout Group can reclaim on your donations in the appropriate tax year.

How much can the Scout Group claim?

For every 1 that you give to the Scout Group we can reclaim 25p from HM Revenue and Customs.

How much does it cost you?

Nothing, other than a few minutes of your time to complete the Declaration form below. In fact, if you you pay tax at the higher rate you can claim further tax relief on your Self Assessment Tax Return by quoting our Charity number.

How do I set all this up?

Easy! Just complete a Declaration Form and let us have it. We'll do the rest.

Where can I get this Declaration Form?

You have 2 options here: -

Option 1 - Do it online.
If you just want to let us claim Gift Aid on your child's subscriptions you can do this by following this link, or you can click on the button below. This will take you to the online form that can be quickly completed.

Gift Aid Contact Form

Option 2 - Download the paper Form.
You can click on this link, or click on the button below, to view the form then use whatever PDF file reader you use to save and print it. Then you need to write all the details then give the form to your child to take to their section's Leaders.

Gift Form PDF

The government Gift Aid web site

If you would like to read the official government blurb on Gift Aid please follow the link below: -


1. You can cancel your Declaration at any time by notifying the Scout Group - You can use the Contact Us page to do this.
2. If in the future your circumstances change and you no longer pay tax on your income and/or capital gains equal to the tax that the Scout Group reclaims, you can cancel your Declaration.
3. If you pay tax at the higher rate you can claim further tax relief in your Self Assessment Tax Return by quoting our Charity number.
4. If you are unsure whether your donations qualify for Gift Aid tax relief ask the Scout Group or refer to help sheet IR65 on the HMRC web site - www.hmrc.gov.uk
5. Please notify the Scout Group if you change your name or address.


Logo Stacked
Find out more about Scouts


Join our Facebook Group    
We're on Twitter as well
derby north scout district
Derby North Scout District
Derbyshire Scouts
Drum Hill